Middleton was named after the first white man in the district. He was a member of the 1862 expedition led by John McKinlay. The town started life as a coach staging post and now consists of the Middleton Hotel, which has been recently restored. Eighty-four kilometres west of Middleton on the Winton Road are the ruins of the Min Min Hotel, built in the late 1880s and burnt down in the 1920s. Its name has been given to a mysterious light that is seen throughout the western border areas.
It's in the Middleton of nowhere!!!!!